I have a few obsessions lately. In no particular order, but have been “grouped” together are:
1. Fiber One Chocolate Cereal: ERMAHGERD! One serving is only 80 calories! Low in fat & low in sugar makes me a happy girl. And the best part? It tastes like Cocoa Puffs! Fun cereal for adults! I’m pretty sure I’m consuming 1 box a week. Unbelievable.
2. Blueberry Tea: Our local coffee place on campus has a blueberry tea that is more comforting than I thought possible. I perused the grocery store and found that Celestial Seasonings makes one. It’s delish!
3. The West Wing: Yes, I know I’m about 10+ years behind on this one. But every season is on Netflix and I can’t stop watching. I’m only halfway through the 3rd season. I can tackle about 1-2 episodes on weeknights (I tend to fall asleep, hence my slow progress) and about 5 on a lazy weekend day, even though I’ll even fall asleep watching them during the day (Movie/TV Narcoleptic’s Anonymous, anyone?)
4. The fuzziest blanket I’ve ever covered up with in my life: It was a Valentine’s gift and it’s the most amazing blanket ever. I’ll be sad when summer is here because I’ll need to use a lighter blanket.
5. Running: Duh, people. I started running (illegally) about 2 weeks ago. I just started light at 10-20 minutes each time then ramped it up to 30 minutes. Now I’m up to about 40-45 minutes before my knee says “Hold the phone, lady”. It’s a beautiful thing. It hit the spot so much one day last week that I started to get a little choked up. Cheesy, I know. But I was in the zone, a song on my playlist hit a nerve, and it’s just what my psyche needed! It was awesome! Can’t wait to start training hard core again!
Stole this from my friend’s blog…thought it was cute!
Currently: Sitting at my desk, scarfing down my lunch before my afternoon meetings. I HATE 1pm meetings. I “graze” my lunch for several hours because I’m used to interruptions and random meetings. But I don’t get how people can eat their whole lunch before 1pm. Anyone else out there eat their lunch in “phases”?
Watching: The West Wing on Netflix. I apparently missed the boat 10 years ago when this was on TV. Love it! I’m only half-way through Season 2, but I’m obsessed with the characters and love them all.
Thinking About: Running…we’ve had some pretty amazing “running weather” the last few days and it makes the running itch 10x worse. Count down to the end of February/mid-March is ON! So close! 🙂
Reading: I just finished The 19th Wife, by David Ebershoff and I couldn’t put it down! I’m also listening to The Shoemaker’s Wife during my workouts. Sometimes playlists just don’t cut the mustard! Next book on the list is The Happiness Project. I’m a little behind on this one, but I think it’s something I need for my life right now.
Celebrating: My health & my doggie. Love her to pieces. Also celebrating that I’m half-way through February which means I only have 4 more weeks of working everyday. WOO!
Making Me Happy: Sneaking in a 2-day weekend this weekend. The calm before the 3rd storm ;). Also starting the 2nd phase of circuit training at my gym…based on my latest Functional Movement Screen, the last 4-week phase provided me with a lot of positive results. Who doesn’t love seeing progress?!
Here’s a great recipe I found on Pinterest (courtesy of www.greenlitebites.com).
Banana Oatmeal Cups
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup vanilla Almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 3 cups (240g) Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (42g) mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.
Spray a muffin pan and/or liners with with non-stick spray.
Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.
Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.
Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.
These were pretty yummy! They’ll make a great afternoon snack – I always crave something sweet (and bad) if my day is slow. These will be perfect and keep me full!
I’m already thinking of substitutions: berries, applesauce, chopped almonds, PB2…my brain is hard at work! 🙂
Goodness. I have worked every single day since my last post. Yes, 1/21 was my last day off. And each work day has lasted at least 12 hours. I’ve still managed to get my 7-8 hours of sleep, but you know what that means: work, sleep, repeat. No couch time after supper, no time to read/watch TV before bed. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten every meal standing up for the last few weeks. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job. But sometimes, my little body wears down from lack of “down time” and my immune system says “I’m done!”. So yesterday, my first day off, turned into a sick day. Nothing major, just a cold and all the yuckiness that goes with it. Sadly, I even went into work for an hour to finish a few things that had a deadline. But I promise, after that, I parked my booty on the couch and didn’t move.
I woke up feeling a little better today. So what did I do this morning? An Insanity plyo-circuit workout. I know, I know…I should have just rested and gotten better. I knew I’d be in trouble when I was exhausted just from walking up the stairs to the workout room. I felt a lot better afterwards – maybe I sweated all the “sickness” out? But I’m still pretty tired. It’s been a day of laundry and couching. You won’t find my cute pup complaining:
She is OBVIOUSLY exhausted…she has a rough life.
I listened to some old wives’ tales and I think they have kept the worst of this cold at bay: gargling warm salt water, drinking lots of fluids & lots of hot beverages, drinking lemon juice/hot water mixture. Yes, this means lots of trips to the bathroom, but it’s really helped my throat feel better! Turns out the “old wives’ tales” are pretty legit.
Gotta go – I have some DVR-ed Food Network shows calling my name!