HAPPY RACE WEEK! Ok, it’s usually not a happy week for me. I’m supposed to limit my caffeine intake, fiber intake, fat intake, etc, sleep 8+ hours each night, and NOT think about if I’m going to fail. HA. Like that’s going to happen. Technically, my caffeine intake should have been next to zero during my 12-16 week training. Too bad life had different plans for me and I legitimately needed caffeine nearly 4-5 times per week. I usually rely on decaf coffee and can convince myself that it’s the real deal, but not the last few months. I have, however, gone without caffeine since we came back from the New Orleans service trip. Go me! 🙂 Fiber on the other hand…that’s something I can’t cut out. I did that twice and my body overreacted in the OPPOSITE way. So uh, I wasn’t so “good to go” before the gun went off at the “Start”. Not cool. So I’m going to keep my fiber intake the same this time. It could end disastrously. Will keep you posted in the most PG version possible 🙂 Sleep? HA! Right… T minus 3 days until race day. EEEK!
Speaking of fiber – I eat an INSANE amount each week.
- Protein shake (after a hard workout) that includes spinach & a banana
- 2 pieces of whole wheat toast
- 1/4 cup “clean” granola
- 1/2 a grapefruit or 2 prunes (crazy life, I tell ya!)
- 1 egg (for the choline healing properties in the yolk)
- Grapes or 1 apple
- Snow peas
- Salad (spinach, 1-2 whole carrots, 3-4 slices of cucumber, broccoli, almond slivers)
- Greek yogurt w/blueberries, strawberries, flax seed, “clean” granola
- Entree of some sort (salmon in a bag, Greek Quinoa salad, or beans & rice)
- Chicken/fish entree
- Brown rice, quinoa, or potato of some kind (either mashed or baked)
- Even more veggies or salad.
Dessert: Always. Usually low sugar ice cream…but no fiber. Whew!
Of course that’s not ALL I eat…I sneak in a few snacks throughout the day. But uh, that’s a crazy amount of fiber, eh? Wish me luck on Saturday…