Yes, goals. Not resolutions. I never make resolutions. So instead, we’ve got goals. My 2012 goals are:
- No injuries this year. At all. None. Especially no stress fractures!
- Because of #1, I plan to run the Alton Half Marathon in March, Marquette 5k, Route 66 10K, the St. Louis Rock & Roll Marathon in October, and the River Road Run (10-miles) in November. Let’s do it!
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle (low fat, low sugar, whole wheat, meat at dinner, etc.)
- Do more Pinterest projects! (this implies making more time for myself that doesn’t involve fitness, although making time for fitness & health should be applauded. Good work for those that do!! Please see quote below!)
- Keep up the Hot Yoga. It’s really helped with my fitness, sense of balance (mentally & physically), and my oh-so-tight muscles.
- READ. I’m taking my dear sweet time with The Magician’s and I’ve got a huge list of books I want to read SOON!
“Play not only keeps us young but also maintains our perspective about the relative seriousness of things. Running is play, for even if we try hard to do well at it, it is a relief from everyday cares.”
Thank you Runner’s World for the quote! What great timing!
Back to work today after 11 consecutive days off. *sigh*. But it feels good to get back into a workout routine, better eating schedule, AND a better sleep schedule! Sleep is the first thing to go during my time off.
I better go tackle this to-do list I created for myself for my return to work. Lame. Why was I such an over-achiever that day?