Workout week round-up: 4 successful workouts. Much better compared to recent weeks were I could barely convince myself to get out of bed. Very untypical of me. That just goes to show you that you should ALWAYS listen to your body. For some reason I needed more physical or mental rest the last few weeks.
I peddled my little booty off on the bike today. I was almost finished when I decided to add 5 more minutes to my workout. I could have gone for a full hour, but I still had some weights and ab workouts to finish before I had to race home to shower, throw in a load of laundry, eat, and semi-pack for Chicago.
I made ANOTHER batch of Nutella granola last night (big thanks to http://www.pbfingers.com!) I just can’t get enough. This time I chopped up some almonds for a little protein. It was an excellent addition. It reminds me of the yummy cinnamon almond clusters they make at the mall. So tasty!
Remember my post about the creepy Snickers lady commercial? Well I found a “creepy Snickers lady” coat at Goodwill while searching for Weird Al accessories. I actually am planning to see how much it costs tonight after work and keep it on reserve for one random Halloween. THAT would be awesome…and creepy.
Tomorrow and Saturday I will be in Chicago for a work-related conference. I’m excited to meet up with a friend from college, but I’m bummed about the trip for several reasons:
- My train doesn’t get back until 11:30pm Saturday. Ugh!
- It’s a whirlwind trip. We leave tomorrow at 7:30am, our meetings start only an hour or two after we arrive and won’t conclude until 7pm, then we go again from 9am-3pm on Saturday only to catch our train immediately after. Another “Ugh!”.
- I have to share a hotel room with 3 other random women attending the conference from other universities. How awkward…Not looking forward to sharing a bed with a stranger, or waking them up when I get up at 6am to work out, OR praying they are both out of the bathroom when I get back from working out so I can wash the “stank” off of me! Make that three “Ughs!”
- No time for shopping. Sad, I know.
- If my Cardinals win tonight, I will have to watch the World Series finale in Chicaaaago. The worst of all!
I need to remember to pack my Cards jersey…win or lose!
I’m sure I’ll have plenty of Awkward Moments after my 1-night stay with random strangers. Dreading, dreading, dreading (this is one of my favorite lines from Julie & Julia. Great movie!)