I managed to work out this morning despite staying up “late” for the Cards game (That’s a winner!). Workout line-up for today:
- 20 min. Elliptical
- Incline sit-ups w/10-lb. weight (5 sets of 15 reps)
- Arm/weight exercises that I don’t feel like listing w/the reps/sets/weights, etc.
- 2.5-mile run
- 3 planks held for 1 minute each
- Some other weird core-building pilates movement held for 50-counts each
- ball crunches (lots)
Best part of the workout? Need you even ask?! My 2.5-mile run of course. I really wanted to run 3 miles, but compromised and only ran 2.5 since I ran 4 miles on Tuesday and didn’t want to overdo it. That additional 1/2 mile might have made my foot angry – we may never know. I hit my “I FEEL GREATTTT” moment around mile 1.53 (to be exact). My secret weapon to a great run? Ok, 5 secret weapons:
- Glee Soundtrack version of “Like a Prayer”
- Mirrors – to help ensure I’m maintaining proper form. Try this. It seriously helps. I mostly am looking at my feet placement so I lessen my “heel-striking” tendencies and to make sure I don’t under/over-pronate. It also helps with “trunk placement”.
- Thumbs up. Keeps the arms & upper body relaxed so you can actually enjoy the run.
- Lack of sleep. Apparently I run better when I haven’t gotten a full night’s sleep. Weird? Maybe the over-production of adrenaline my body is desperately clinging to for basic functioning purposes is the ticket.
Now I am struggling to keep warm since my place of employment insists of having the AC on. Yesterday I wore 2 fleeces and was still cold. Today I ditched the other fleece so people wouldn’t think I wear clothing multiple times before washing it (which I do, but they don’t have to know that). Don’t worry, I only wear my underwear once before it goes in the laundry 🙂
Seriously though. It’s freeeeezing in our offices. My “changing colors cup” – you know, the kind that turns red when a cold beverage is in it – is red. CARDINAL RED, that is!
Awkward moment – The Gideon bible (little green bibles that are only New Testament) people are on-campus today. As I’m walking in to my building, one of the gentlemen walked 1/4 of the way across the Quad to intercept. I didn’t even make eye-contact with him to initiate this interception. This wasn’t just your typical “reach out and hand someone a bible”. It was a serious “go out of your way to hand out” situation. It didn’t help that I was only 1 of 3 people walking in the Quad. I recycled it once I got inside. This is probably considered blasphemy by everyone but me, but I don’t need another little green New Testament. I’ve gotten one each semester during my undergrad & grad years (so that’s 12 little bibles) PLUS today’s run-in.
No, I don’t still have all 12 little green bibles (or any, for that matter). Plus, I’ve got 1 Precious Moments Bible at home, my bible from high school (translated for high schooler’s vocabulary, or lack-thereof), AND my Grandpa’s ancient bible he gave me when I was born. Pretty sure I’m set.
Happiness: We’re celebrating “National Bosses’ Day” today with a potluck. Apparently I’m a boss so I didn’t have to bring anything in. Scary thought isn’t it? I’m a boss…HA! Crazy.